To celebrate, I will be having a giveaway here every day this week!
“I just can’t be a mother today.”
If you’ve ever whispered those words to God in quiet desperation, you are not alone.
Desperate is for those who love their children to the depths of their souls but who have also curled up under their covers, fighting back tears, and begging God for help. It’s for those who have ever wondered what happened to all their ideals for what having children would be like. For those who have ever felt like all the “experts” have clearly never had a child like theirs. For those who have prayed for a mentor. For those who ever felt lost and alone in motherhood.
In Desperate you will find the story of one young mother’s honest account of the desperate feelings experienced in motherhood and one experienced mentor’s realistic and gentle exhortations that were forged in the trenches of raising her own four children.
If you’re tired and struggling as a mama, Desperate can help you…
- see, through the honest words of a young mom in the thick of the little years, that you are not alone or crazy
- get through the little years with grace and sanity (wisdom from Sally Clarkson, wise woman, mentor, and mama to four grown children)
- affirm you as a mom instead of make you feel guilty
- create and pursue a vision of perseverance in the good, daily work you are doing as a mother
- answer specific parenting questions through the Q & A at the end of the book
- encourage you through videos of Sarah Mae and Sally talking about each chapter (via QR codes at the end of each chapter)
Today’s giveaway is a small group gift set to get you started in leading your own Desperate small group book study! The winner will receive 8 books plus the DVD with all the videos discussing each chapter. If you’ve never led a small group study, check out my post on How to Lead a Women’s Small Group Bible Study. And specifically for Desperate, you can download this Desperate Small Group Guide for FREE!
“Powerful, captivating and gut-wrenchingly honest; if this superb book could get into the hands of every mom, our world would drastically change, for the good! It’s a new classic for a new generation.”
-Kristen Habermehl, Author & Speaker from MyHeartAtHome.com
Just fill out the form below! (Email readers, click here to come to the site and enter.) Giveaway ends this Friday at 11:59pm EST!
Love, Sarah Mae
Let's not lose touch!
Get weekly inspiration on mothering and life, plus the first 42 pages of my new book, Having a Martha Home the Mary Way: 31 Days to a Clean House and a Satisfied Soul.