by SarahMae | November 20, 2014 12:46 pm
Get the new book HERE!!
Looking for the posts from the 31 day challenge? Scroll to the bottom!
Give me 31 days and I’ll help you not only have a cleaner home, but a vision for one.
31 Days to Clean is about the “why” and the vision and the heart for taking care of your domain. Each day you will be encouraged with some thoughts and ideas on the heart of cleaning, and then you will put those ideas to action.
After each reading, you will be given two challenges (based off of Mary and Martha in the bible):
The Mary Challenge: Something you do that encourages/engages your heart
The Martha Challenge: Specific cleaning tasks
31 Days to Clean is a faith journey towards accepting who you are and how you were made, while also helping you to rule, subdue, and create a place of peace in your home in order to love others well. It is about forgoing perfection and instead choosing imperfect, glorious life.
What do you think of when you consider doing laundry, washing dishes, and cleaning the dreaded bathroom? Are you discouraged? Do you feel overwhelmed? I have to say I feel that way…often. In all my live-long days I haven’t seen my home as a ministry. Can I serve Jesus and others as I clean my home? Sarah Mae proves I can. As a wife, mom, mother-in-law and mentor to teenage moms, I’m going to cherish this book and share what I learned. Cleaning is more than just fighting germs. It can be a ministry of the heart!”
Tricia Goyer, author of 25 books, including Blue Like Play Dough: The shaping of Motherhood in the Grip of God
The original video made in 2011:
Posts in the 31 Days to Clean Challenge:
With before and after pics!
BONUS! The Great Book Purge of 2015!! (I Marie Kondo’s my family room bookshelves!)
Day 1: Begin the Kitchen
Day 2: Fridge and Microwave
Day 3: The Pantry
Day 4: Kitchen Floor and Cabinets
Day 5: Begin the Bathrooms!
Day 6: Bathroom Closet
Day 7: Second Bathroom
Day 8: Second Bathroom Closet
Day 9: Begin the Living Room
Day 10: Organize the Living Room Bookshevles
Day 11: Sweep and Wash the Living Room Floors
Day 12: Begin the Bedrooms
Day 13: The Bedroom Closet
Day 14: Second Bedroom
Day 15: Second Bedroom Closet
Day 16 and 17: Third Bedroom and Closet
Day 18: Wash Bedding
Day 19: The Dining Room 
Day 20: School Space
Day 21: Pick a Closet!
Day 22: Sorting Day
Day 23: The Family Room
Day 24: The Entry Way
Day 25: Your Desk (or Paperwork Area)
Day 26: The Laundry Room
Day 27: Clean Your Car
Day 28: Organize in the Kitchen
Day 29: Organize in the Kitchen Part 2
Day 30: Project Day!
Day 31: DONE! Plus, an Announcement!
- HERE: http://www.marthahomemaryway.com
- [Image]: http://www.marthahomemaryway.com
- The Great Book Purge of 2015: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/the-great-book-purge-of-2015-and-of-ever/
- Day 1: Begin the Kitchen: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/31-days-to-clean-day-1-begin-the-kitchen/
- Day 2: Fridge and Microwave: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-2-fridge-and-microwave-31dtc/
- Day 3: The Pantry: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-3-lets-clean-out-the-pantry-31dtc/
- Day 4: Kitchen Floor and Cabinets: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-4-kitchen-floors-and-cabinets-31dtc/
- Day 5: Begin the Bathrooms!: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-5-begin-the-bathrooms-31daystoclean/
- Day 6: Bathroom Closet: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-6-the-bathroom-closet-31daystoclean/
- Day 7: Second Bathroom: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-7-next-bathroom-31daystoclean/
- Day 8: Second Bathroom Closet: http://sarahmae.com/2015/01/day-8-second-bathroom-closet-and-a-poo-story/
- Day 9: Begin the Living Room: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-9/
- Day 10: Organize the Living Room Bookshevles: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-10/
- Day 11: Sweep and Wash the Living Room Floors: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-11-sweep-and-wash-the-living-room-floors/
- Day 12: Begin the Bedrooms: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-12-begin-the-bedrooms-31daystoclean/
- Day 13: The Bedroom Closet: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-13-bedroom-closet/
- Day 14: Second Bedroom: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-14-second-bedroom-plus-how-i-get-my-kids-to-clean-their-rooms/
- Day 15: Second Bedroom Closet: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-15-2nd-bedrooms-closet-hang-with-me-half-way-done-31daystoclean/
- Day 16 and 17: Third Bedroom: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-16-and-17-third-bedroom-youve-got-this/
- Day 18: Wash Bedding: http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-18-wash-the-bedroom-bedding-31daystoclean/
- Day 19: The Dining Room : http://sarahmae.com/2015/02/day-19-the-dining-room-this-is-where-so-much-of-life-happens-for-us/
- Day 20: School Space: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-20-cleaning-the-school-space-hello-organizing-31daystoclean/
- Day 21: Pick a Closet!: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-21-cleaning-the-coat-closet-or-any-closet-31daystoclean/
- Day 22: Sorting Day: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-22-which-was-supposed-to-be-21-sorting-day-31daystoclean/
- Day 23: The Family Room: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-23-the-family-room-31daystoclean/
- Day 24: The Entry Way: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-24-the-entry-way-31daystoclean/
- Day 25: Your Desk (or Paperwork Area): http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-25-your-desk-or-paperwork-area-31daystoclean/
- Day 26: The Laundry Room: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-26-the-laundry-room-31daystoclean/
- Day 27: Clean Your Car: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-27-clean-your-car-before-spring-31daystoclean/
- Day 28: Organize in the Kitchen: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-28-organize-in-the-kitchen-31daystoclean/
- Day 29: Organize in the Kitchen Part 2: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-29-organize-in-the-kitchen-part-2-31daystoclean/
- Day 30: Project Day!: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-30-project-day-31daystoclean/
- Day 31: DONE! Plus, an Announcement!: http://sarahmae.com/2015/03/day-31-we-are-done-plus-an-announcement-31daystoclean/
Source URL: http://sarahmae.com/31daystoclean/